Product Review: iPod Shuffle


This is the color that I picked

Grade: A-

Pros:
  • Small and extremely light-weight
  • Clip on back of shuffle
  • Easy to use control pad on the top of the headphones
    • Click plus or minus to adjust volume up and down
    • Single squeeze the center to pause
    • Double squeeze to skip forward to next track
    • Triple squeeze to skip back to the previous track
    • Able to switch between playlists (squeeze and keep holding the center to switch) 
    • Able to fast forward or rewind by squeezing center twice and then holding or squeezing center three times and holding
  • Ability to shuffle playlist (I would seriously hope that it could do this since it is called the iPod Shuffle)
  • Able to upload large amount of music onto shuffle
  • Voice Over capable to tell you the name of the song and artist playing (squeeze and hold the center of the control pad)
  • Lots of colors to choose from (very girly, I know)
  • Pretty long battery life
  • $50 for the 2GB.....pretty darn cheap for an iPod
  • Perfect for exercising and running
Cons:
  • No display screen to see what song is playing
  • Can be overwhelming at times to have more than one playlist loaded on your iPod Shuffle (but maybe I haven't gotten completely used to this yet)
Conclusion:
I LOVE this little, and I mean little, piece of technology! It is PERFECT for running and exercising.  The fact that it is so small and light-weight allows you to run without even knowing that it is clipped to your shorts.  But because it is so light-weight I have found that I have to wrap the headphone cord once around the strap of my sports bra to keep the cord from bouncing or pulling.  

At first I wasn't sure how I would like the control pad that is close to the top of the headphones.  After playing with it on a run I think it is genius!  The placement of the control pad makes it so easy to switch songs or pause the shuffle. 

It is very simplistic - not a lot of bells and whistles.  Some may hate not having a display screen but me being the A.D.D. runner that I am absolutely love not having another distraction.  I don't have the temptation to constantly look down to see what is playing or what is next. 

Lastly, I tend to only load one playlist on my shuffle at a time because the thought of trying to switch between playlists kind of overwhelms me.  This isn't a big deal to me but may be to others. 

All in all, I highly recommend the iPod Shuffle!

Have a great Monday!!!!

post signature

Comments

Popular Posts