Four Years Old

Or 29 years old in human years! That is how old Buerly is today!!!  I cannot believe that it has already been four whole years.  It seems like just yesterday we made the long haul to go see the little guy.  Hubs and I were so excited the entire drive even though it felt like we drove through a tornado (we actually did see a cop car get struck by lightening on our way).  I was also very anxious because what if we didn't like him.

We met the breeders at a half way point in the parking lot of a Cracker Barrel.  The second they set Bandit (Buerly's original name) down in the grass it was love at first sight.  He immediately pounced and attacked Hubs shoe laces.  Hubs and I didn't even have to talk about it.....we knew that he was coming home with us!

Buerly slept in my lap the entire drive home.  I just 'oohed' and 'aahed' over the littlest things he would do.  You would have sworn that he was a baby the way I carried on.  Hubs would just look over and smile at me as I babbled on about how cute he was. 

I hope you all are ready for a picture montage because that is what you are going to get! :-)
(WARNING: Picture overload)
This was the night we brought Buerly home.  Look how little he is in relation to Hubs leg!!!
 All tuckered out from the long, exciting drive!
 How precious am I?!?
 Curiosity killed the cat.....good thing he is a dog!
 Screw the basket of toys.....time for a nap!
 Starting to get a little cramped in the there
 Snoozing away
Trying to escape bath time.  But that is what happens when you face plant into an oily mess in the parking lot!
 Big Brother Zeus and Buerly at Nana and Papa's house
BUSTED!!!! He got into big trouble for chewing on the fan cord!
 Bulldog Beauty Contest at Butler's Homecoming with Zeus and Buerly
 Family Christmas picture
Buerly sharing his favorite football with his little brother, Rooney
  Resting at Grandma and Grandpa's house

Are you still reading after the flood of pictures I posted?! I warned you! ;-)

HAPPY 4TH BIRTHDAY BUERLY!!!!

You will always be our baby bulldog!

Obviously we treat our furbabies like they are our kids.  They are family and will always be a major part of our family! 

Have a wonderful rest of the weekend!  And happy May!  :-)

post signature

Comments

JennyLee said…
EEEEEEEEEEEhhh the cuteness is too much! Happy Birthday Buerly!!!
Unknown said…
Oh my goodness - he is SO SO SO freaking cute!!!!
All I love the bulldogs... I want another one already so that Wilson has a friend :) Next year I think I will! I want one with Buerly's coloring...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LITTLE MAN!!!!!!
Jamie said…
Happy birthday to Buerly!

I wouldn't say this was picture overload but definitely adorableness overload. As I've said before I would love to have a bulldog!
jessica lynn said…
happy birthday to my little nephew!! i love you! :) xo auntie jessica
Marian said…
OH MY GOODNESS!! I am in love with that photo of him tuckered out, hanging outside his crate. ADORABLE!!
Trish The Dish said…
I'm new to the blog world and found your blog through the others I really enjoy reading. I can't tell you how much your post made me smile :o) My boyfriend and I who are currently saving up money right now to get engaged and married are also OBSESSED with bulldogs! We can't wait to have that be our first dog. Your pics were amazing and your puppies are so sweet :o)
Love that shot of him trying to escape the tub. Too cute!

Popular Posts