This is often a debate in our household, I prefer to fly whereas Hubs prefers to drive. Here are the arguments-
Moi on Flying:
- Actual travel time is much faster
- It is a safer mode of transportation
- Did I mention that I am not a patient person and that you get to your destination faster?!?
- I get bored easily
- Ummm....those yummy little biscotti cookies on Airtran are always delish!
- It can be cheaper to fly if you search out the deals (also depending on where you are going)
- It may be your only choice of transportation aside from a cruise ship (ie- islands)
- I can sleep during the trip to aforementioned destination (when on road trips I am too anxious to sleep)
- Riding in a car for longer than 3 hours leaves me in pain
- Crazy semi drivers on the roads......need I say more?!
- Potential to get lost while driving
- Road trips are an adventure
- You can pack as little or as much without worrying about baggage weight
- You are able to see more of America
- Once you factor arriving to the airport 2 hours before your flight, the flight time, getting off the plane, getting your luggage and renting a car the total time is probably about the same as driving.
- Less hassle
- The seat in a car is more spacious and comfortable then an airplane seat
- No chance of getting stuck next to the fat guy who takes up 2.75 seats but only purchased one seat
- You don't have to worry about renting a car once you get to your destination because guess what?!? You drove your own car!
- You can stop along the way to your destination
Destin, Florida is ridiculously expensive to fly into (like $300/ticket/direction expensive). So once we factored in how much we would spend on a one way ticket for Hubs and myself plus a rental car it ended up being cheaper to just rent a car and drive down. Oh and we did look into flying to Pensacola or Panama City but there were zero flights that would get us to our location in time for the rehearsal/rehearsal dinner.
Now you may be asking why we wouldn't just drive back home from Orlando. Hello 15+ hour drive! No thank you! I can only handle so much
So, in the end we should both be happy campers because we are both taking our preferred methods of transportation. Granted I am still not looking forward to this damn 10.5 hour drive to Destin followed by a 6 hour drive to Orlando but
What do you prefer- road tripping it or flying?