Thursday Ramblings

I am in a very random mood today which means that I have a lot of random things running through my head right now.  So I shall share! :-)
  • I have always wanted to run in a 5K (even though I loathe running.....makes sense.....right?!).  I even put it on my list of New Year resolutions that I swore I was going to conquer this year.  Is it bad to put "Complete New Years resolutions" as a resolution on your New Years resolutions list?!  Well, I finally took the plunge and signed Hubs and I up for our first race.  The event takes place in the town that his family lives in (his dad and uncle are going to do the 5k walk).  Here's the issue- the run is not a 5k. {EEKS}  We are signed up for a 5 mile run! What the hell was I thinking?!?   We are EXACTLY 30 days away from the race and I haven't been able to run much lately thanks to the darn heat advisories (105+ heat index....no thank you).  Hopefully it will cool off a bit in the next couple of days so that I can start running again to see if I have a chance in hell of completing this 5 mile run without dying.  This could be a major fail! 
This is how I may look during the race unless I get my butt in gear!
  • Thanks to not running lately I have noticed that certain areas are starting to turn softy and mushy again.  Major dislike!  Must start running again (plus I will cry if I can't fit into the new skinny jeans that I purchased from Express).
  • I have zero motivation to do anything when I get home from work lately.  I make all these grand, detailed to-do lists while I am at work and daydream about how much I am going to get done when I get out of work.  I promise myself that I am going to hit the ground running the second I pull into the garage but then I walk into the house and see two sweet bullies sleeping on that beautiful, comfy couch.  The couch just calls my name and teases me until I finally cave in and grab a seat.  Before you know it I am laying on the couch, under a blanket, determined not to move.  So much for getting things done! :-/
I can honestly say that I relate to this picture! lol
  • Hello Bachelor Pad! Oh how I enjoy watching your drama!  Personally, I think I am going to like this show so much better than the Bachelor or the Bachelorette.  More room for scandal and drama! 
I already have picked out my favs and those I want booted immediately!
  • The new skinny jeans at Express are fabulous! They are the stretch jean material and are oh so comfy.
  • I wonder what Buerly and Rooney do while we are at work.  I wish we could wire the downstairs with a video camera so I could watch and see what they were up to during the day.  If I had to guess, I would say that they play right after I leave and then sleep.  Well, except for the days that Rooney decides that he is going to get into trouble and destroy something.  
This is how I find Rooney when I come home from work.  Buerly is usually on the other couch, passed out.  Rooney always manages to position the pillow so that he can sleep on it.  Lazy dog!
  • Speaking of Rooney and destroying things- he ate my book.  Luckily I had finished reading the book the night before but the little stinker pulled the book off the end table and destroyed it.  Maybe he feels like he is getting an insufficient amount of fiber in his diet?! I sent a pic to my mom and she texted me back with "Bad Dog."  haha
 My Pretty Little Liar's book.  Don't you judge me! After a long day at work all I can go for is easy reading (plus I am addicted to the TV serious and want to see how they differentiate). 
  • I cannot believe that Hubs and I's 1 year anniversary is next weekend! CRAZINESS!!!!! It doesn't feel like it has been a year but I guess that is a good thing.  It probably wouldn't be a good thing if I said, "Gosh! It seems like it has been an eternity! Feels like we have been married for 10 years!" lol  In all seriousness, I cannot WAIT for him to open his present! I also can't wait to see the look on his face.  For once he actually has no clue what I am giving him.  Usually he at least partially figures it out.
  • I honestly can say that I think I could eat Mexican food at least 4-5 times a week and be perfectly happy.  Hmmmmmmm.......Aroz Con Pollo!!!! YUM!
  • Is it fall yet?!
Hope you all have a fabulous Thursday! :-)

post signature

Comments

Marian said…
Oh I am the exact same way. I'll make a list of things I have to accomplish when I get home...and then I sit on the couch for a little...and then a little more...and before I know it its 9pm...and how can I start my list at 9pm. FAIL.

And Mexican food, hands down, best stuff ever
Corinne said…
1. i loathe running as well and KNOW i would die if i had to run 5 miles (yes, a little over dramatic).
2. mexican food + me = love. well, it also equals complete laziness but I don't care.
3. I'm the same about making to-do's and then not completing them!
Candicelyn said…
I loathe running too. I did my first 5K this past year and it wasn't too bad. I ran at the pace most people walk at but I finished and thats what counts. The best plan for training is to run a little bit every other day and then pick one day a week that you want to run a farther run. ie 1mile tues & thurs and Saturday a 2.5 mile and increase it the next week to a 2 mile and a 3.5 or whatever :) You'll do great
Unknown said…
I NEED Mexican food... now!! Seriously, I have been craving that and curried chicken for some strange reason.
I HATE running and just can't do it... seriously. I suck at it. I would also die, just like Corinne, if I had to run 5 kms!! lol

And I LOVE THE BULLY!!! I would NEVER be able to leave Wilson out at home on his own because that little fella would tear the joint up! I am hoping that by the time I add another one to the family he will ready to be on his own in the house!! I love Rooney'se little sticky out tongue. So cute!
I have ALWAYS wanted a bulldog but I have heard so many stories of how destructive they are/can be. Is that true or is it way more random than that?
Hilary said…
I totally agree with you when it comes to coming home & plopping on the couch. There are so many things that I want to get accomplished when I'm at work and motivated, but then I come in the door and end up plopping & not moving. I need to keep telling myself that in a few short months it's going to be cold and dark by the time I get home, so I need to enjoy the late days as long as possible!

Popular Posts