Hitting the Links

I am so excited because this is where Hubs, myself and my parents are playing golf today:

I will give you a hint: 4 of the 18 holes are played inside the "Greatest Race Course in the World".

If you guessed the Brickyard Crossing Golf Course then you are correct! 4 of the 18 holes are played inside the Indianapolis Motor Speedway's oval track.  I am so excited to play this course because a.) I have never played it before and I love a new challenge, b.) it is a very prestigious, award-winning public course and c.) it was designed by Pete Dye, one of the most famous course designers in the world (TPC Sawgrass, The Pete Dye Golf Course, Crooked Stick, Harbour Town Golf Links, The Westin Mission Hills, etc.).  I have been fortunate enough to play The Pete Dye Golf Course down in French Lick.  That guy is a genius when it comes to course design!

Well, as we speak I am teeing off so wish me luck and hopefully I will hit long, straight shots all day!  But regardless of how great or terrible I play I know I will have fun since I am playing on a beautiful course with my family! :-)
Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!
post signature

Comments

Popular Posts