Needing Some Change

While I was getting ready for work this morning I looked at Hubs and asked, "Would you care if I repainted the downstairs bathroom? And if that is okay do you care what color I paint the room and/or the hardware that I replace the old with? Basically do you want to have any input on the bathroom remodel that I would to do?!?"

His response, "You do whatever your little heart's desire!"

Good answer Hubs, good answer! :-)

Over the past month or two I came to the conclusion that I hated our downstairs bathroom.  It is painted a burnt orange color which isn't so bad but there is zero natural light so the bathroom is very dark.  If I had my way I would rip out the sink too but that is a little too expensive right now (especially for what I want to do).  So the next best thing I can do is to repaint the bathroom and replace all the hardware (ie- toilet paper holder, towel rack, lighting, and mirror). 

Here are my choices for paint color so far:
 Blue Cloud

Clear Blue Sky

Sea Spray

Tropical Surf

White Lagoon

I would love to go with a fun bright color like:
Pool Party

.......but since my bathroom is already dark due to zero natural light I am afraid that this color will make it feel dark.  And since that is the entire reason I am repainting the bathroom I probably should stay away.  Plus, they always say that a color will go on darker than the sample card.  Sooooooo......I will stick to lighter colors in the blue/green families. 

So what do you all think?!? Which one would you vote for?  

All paint samples are from Home Depot.

post signature

Comments

Tiffany said…
I'm getting ready to redo the girls' bathrooms and am NOT looking forward to it... it involves ripping down wallpaper. Yuck! I like the Clear Blue Sky and the Tropical Surf. They are all pretty!
THE Stephanie said…
Wow! I love my husband, but sometimes I wish he had no opinion. He always has an opinion. And sometimes it doesn't match mine. LOL

Happy painting!
mrs.mfc said…
Nice response from your husband!! :) You've got a good man!

I like lots of those colors... clear blue sky, sea spray, tropical surf, white lagoon.. hmm, maybe I like all of them :)
Marian said…
Oh wow, those are such pretty colors. I really love them all. I am really a fan of Clear Blue Sky and Tropical Surf..those two seem to be my favorite!! Good luck. I always am a fan of house projects. Take before and after pictures:)
Anonymous said…
Blue Cloud is really nice. I tried to put Sea Spray in my Master Bathroom and it turned out almost a gray color. We ended up with Online by SW. Can't wait to see what color you choose!
Ah yes, painting...we have a lot of that to do in our first house too! We got married April 4, 2009, so not too much ahead of you all! Congrats :)

Just found your blog and I love it! Stop by One Fine Wire if you ever have time!
www.finewire.blogspot.com

So nice to meet you!

Popular Posts