Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Needing Some Change

While I was getting ready for work this morning I looked at Hubs and asked, "Would you care if I repainted the downstairs bathroom? And if that is okay do you care what color I paint the room and/or the hardware that I replace the old with? Basically do you want to have any input on the bathroom remodel that I would to do?!?"

His response, "You do whatever your little heart's desire!"

Good answer Hubs, good answer! :-)

Over the past month or two I came to the conclusion that I hated our downstairs bathroom.  It is painted a burnt orange color which isn't so bad but there is zero natural light so the bathroom is very dark.  If I had my way I would rip out the sink too but that is a little too expensive right now (especially for what I want to do).  So the next best thing I can do is to repaint the bathroom and replace all the hardware (ie- toilet paper holder, towel rack, lighting, and mirror). 

Here are my choices for paint color so far:
 Blue Cloud

Clear Blue Sky

Sea Spray

Tropical Surf

White Lagoon

I would love to go with a fun bright color like:
Pool Party

.......but since my bathroom is already dark due to zero natural light I am afraid that this color will make it feel dark.  And since that is the entire reason I am repainting the bathroom I probably should stay away.  Plus, they always say that a color will go on darker than the sample card.  Sooooooo......I will stick to lighter colors in the blue/green families. 

So what do you all think?!? Which one would you vote for?  

All paint samples are from Home Depot.

post signature

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

I'm getting ready to redo the girls' bathrooms and am NOT looking forward to it... it involves ripping down wallpaper. Yuck! I like the Clear Blue Sky and the Tropical Surf. They are all pretty!

THE Stephanie said...

Wow! I love my husband, but sometimes I wish he had no opinion. He always has an opinion. And sometimes it doesn't match mine. LOL

Happy painting!

mrs.mfc said...

Nice response from your husband!! :) You've got a good man!

I like lots of those colors... clear blue sky, sea spray, tropical surf, white lagoon.. hmm, maybe I like all of them :)

Marian said...

Oh wow, those are such pretty colors. I really love them all. I am really a fan of Clear Blue Sky and Tropical Surf..those two seem to be my favorite!! Good luck. I always am a fan of house projects. Take before and after pictures:)

Holly said...

Blue Cloud is really nice. I tried to put Sea Spray in my Master Bathroom and it turned out almost a gray color. We ended up with Online by SW. Can't wait to see what color you choose!

Juggling Thoughts @ One Fine Wire said...

Ah yes, painting...we have a lot of that to do in our first house too! We got married April 4, 2009, so not too much ahead of you all! Congrats :)

Just found your blog and I love it! Stop by One Fine Wire if you ever have time!
www.finewire.blogspot.com

So nice to meet you!