First Encounter with a Florist


Yesterday I met with a florist and it definitely did not go as I had expected. The entire event would have been a complete waste of time if it had not been for Nancy's Bridal being next door (I actually made a little headway with the BM dresses at Nancy's).

My mom and I arrived to meet with the florist. She pretty much had no input to offer, no suggestions when it came to flower selection, no examples, and was over priced! My mom was ready to eat this girl alive! I was given some floral book that had pictures of every species of flower and was expected to go through that and decide what I wanted. If that is the case, then why the heck am I paying for a florist?!? I was at least hoping for some input on flower combinations but when I asked she just shrugged her shoulders and acted clueless.

I found several different types of flowers that I liked for center pieces while searching through the floral book but was then informed that they weren't good for center pieces because they really didn't have a stem. At that point I was beyond frustrated and even commented that I had no clue what I was doing and that is why I was meeting with a florist! Still no help! Not to mention, she gave me price quotes on flowers that were ridiculous (my mother had inquired about pricing of Lady Slipper Orchids a couple weeks ago and was told a much lower price from the same florist shop).
The only thing that kept me sane was the fact that I received an email late yesterday afternoon from one of the head floral designers from McNamara that said he would love to meet with me and that he has my wedding weekend open. Needless to say, I called him first thing this morning and have an appointment set up with him for next Tuesday! Just from our initial conversation I feel much better and much more confident!

Comments

Stephanie said…
Ugh, that is so frustrating - I'm sorry! I go back on forth with flowers...part of me thinks that I could totally do it myself, but it's the creativity and expertise of the florist you are paying for, so if you aren't getting it...what's the point?

Popular Posts