Food, Food and More Food

As I mentioned here in my post yesterday, Hubs and I are hosting a party on Sunday to watch the big game. I decided that I wanted to mainly stick with appetizer/finger foods. You know, snack-y football food!?

So here is my menu as of today:

Turkey Wonton Cups:
Our neighbor made these bad boys for us one night and they were delish! I was addicted! The only changes I made to the recipe was to substitute Bleu Cheese dressing for the Ranch and to leave out the green onions {not a fan of green onions}. Either way the recipe is quick, easy, and decently healthy.

Baked Crab Rangoon (Hub's favorite):
Kraft Food (click link for recipe)

We have never tried this recipe before but Hubs LOVES crab rangoon so we will give it a try!

7-Layer Taco Dip:
All Recipes (click link for recipe)
Easy, quick, and always a crowd pleaser!

Buffalo Chicken Dip:
All Recipes (click link for recipe)
Once again, I use Bleu Cheese dressing {Marzetti's has the best} instead of Ranch. This dip goes great with tortilla chips.

Pineapple Pecan Cheese Ball (co-workers recipe):
This cheeseball is AH-MAZING and highly addicting. The combo of ingredients may not sound appetizing but trust me, it is a palate pleaser!

3 pkg cream cheese (8 oz)
1 large can of crushed pineapple in its own juice
1 large pkg of thinly sliced beef (chopped finely)
2 oz pkg of pecans (finely chopped)
Several dashes of onion powder (season to taste)

Add most of the can of crushed pineapples to the softened cream cheese (save the pineapple juice). Add beef, onion powder and 1/4 of the chopped nuts. Add more juice for sweetness or onion powder as needed. Mix thoroughly (I use my hands for this) and form into a ball (or football) shape.

Spread rest of nuts on plate and roll ball until covered. Place ball in double sheets of foil and place in the refrigerator. Let set for 4-6 hours minimum. Onion crackers go great with this cheese ball!

Italian Sausage with Hoagies for sandwiches:
This recipe is sooooo easy and the clean up is great!

1 pkg of Johnsonville Italian Sausage (Mild or Hot)
1-2 Green Peppers
1 Onion
1-2 large cans of Tomato Sauce
1 large Reynolds disposable aluminum baking pan (deep walls)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut the Italian sausage in halves or thirds and throw into pan. Thinly slice the onion and green pepper and throw into pan. Top everything off with tomato sauce until sausage and peppers are covered. Bake uncovered for 35-45 minutes. Remove foil and bake for additional 15 minutes.

Best served with mashed potatoes or with Hoagies to create a sandwich.


Along with all the appetizer/finger foods I plan on whipping up some desserts. I am thinking brownies shaped like footballs, football Rice Krispie treats and Funfetti Cupcakes.

What are your favorite football foods/appetizers/finger foods?! If you don't mind, share your recipes because I am always looking for new options! :-)

GO COLTS!!!!

Happy Hump Day!

Comments

Adrienne said…
Wow all of that looks so yummy! Now I'm hungry. I have been looking for something football related to make for the game and just found these football related ideas on One Pretty Thing and thought I would pass it along to you, here is the link:

http://www.oneprettything.com/?p=8699

I am so excited for the game!!!
Chocolate Lover said…
Sounds totally yum! Have fun!
Candice said…
The baked crab rangoon is SUPER easy to make and is delicious!! My uber picky hubby loves them and everytime I bring them to a party ppl assume i'm some sort of chef! LOVES it :) Oh and Go Saints ;) I'm a Mississippi Girl, I just had to!!

Popular Posts