Ring Around the Rosie....

With only 15 days until the wedding things are getting a tad bit crazy in our neck of the woods. One of the big things that has been fueling the craziness has been my future hubby's wedding band. I posted here and here about our wedding bands. As you can see from those posts, we started the process VERY early (April-ish) so that it didn't come down to the wire. Well, we are coming down to the wire and it has been an issue.

Future Hubby and I decided to design our wedding bands. His ring was inspired by this A. Jaffe ring:
Lovely, isn't it?!? The ring we designed doesn't look exactly like this but you get the idea.

There were several issues along the design process (not all of them were our jeweler, Hofmeister's, fault). The ring was redone 3 times and after the third time still wasn't quite what we were looking for. So, our wonderful jeweler contacted the president of A. Jaffe to inquire about getting us the ring we wanted by either having A. Jaffe make it or having A. Jaffe send the wax model so that our jeweler could make it. In the end, A. Jaffe agreed to make our ring (and for the price we wanted which is amazing). So, everything seems hunky dory right?!?

Wrong.......I received a call from Hofmeister that the ring would be done by August 28, 2009; which is great except for the fact that our wedding is August 22, 2009. The receptionist suggested using one of the Hofmeister's bands for the wedding and then picking up the band when it arrived. I swear I wasn't trying to be difficult but it just wouldn't be the same. The pastor will be blessing our rings and I want my future hubby to be wearing HIS wedding band the day of our wedding.

My dad was less than pleased with the situation so he decided to step in. Before you know it I received a call from the head of Hofmeister letting me know that she had just gotten off the phone with the president of A. Jaffe (who happened to be in India at the time so she had to call international) and our ring is guaranteed to arrive on August 21, 2009. I am very happy that the entire issue has been resolved and I still think that Hofmeister is the best jeweler in Indy! I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little nervous with the arrival date being the day before the wedding but it was 'guaranteed hell or high water.' So, fingers are crossed!

Note: You may have asked yourself why we didn't just order the A. Jaffe ring while reading this post?!? Simple answer: we could custom design the ring for much less. A good amount of the cost was paying for the name brand.

This weekend will be great for getting tasks done since my future hubby will be busy with his bachelor party. Don't worry....my weekend won't be all work and no play....if you need me, you will be able to find me at the pool Saturday afternoon once I get back from Buerly's vet appointment. :-)

Have a WONDERFUL weekend!

Comments

Nicole-Lynn said…
Craziness! I'm glad you were able to get that sorted out! The ring will look great!
starfish said…
Wow I love that you are custom designing your rings. I would have thought it would be more expensive to do that!
LC said…
the ring is gorgeous! and i feel your pain...hubby and i got married in Mexico and both of our wedding bands came in the night we left for our trip! i seriously picked them up on our way to the airport. it was nerveracking to say the least!
Megan said…
That stinks. I'm so glad that they ended up working with you to get the ring finished!
Abbie said…
What a mess!! I have my fingers crossed for you that you don't have to deal with any ring stress the week of!
Jen said…
Love those rings!
Have a great weekend :)
Cat said…
That ring is awesome!!! It'll work out! And I can't believe your wedding is in 15 days!!!!!!! So excited to see the recaps!

Popular Posts