Gifts and Licenses

Sorry about the hiatus! We have had some craziness going on in our household (think- AC not working, sister's basement flooding, dog rushed to the vet for pneumonia/flu bug, etc). But I am back!!!!

Thanks for all of your comments and votes on my post about the hair piece in this post! Your input and votes helped me make my decision. Now I just need to find something. :-)



If you are my mother or my future mother in law, go to the top of this website and click on the 'X'. Do no read the remainder of this post please! :-)


That being said, I need your help once again. We are at the 60 day mark which means I need to get some more items checked off the good ol' list! One of those items is our gift to our parents. We have been racking our brains and have nothing. I have been searching online but have yet to see anything that really catches my eye. Do you ladies have any suggestions?!? I would definitely love to hear what you have to say!

In 60 days I will hopefully capture a picture like the one above with my husband! :-)

Lastly, I get to check one other item off of my 'to-do' list! We are getting our marriage license today!!!! YAY!!! I called and according to their schedule we are exactly 60 days out so we have until midnight the day of our wedding to get the marriage license signed otherwise it will be voided. Future Hubby's schedule is changing so he won't be able to go any other time so we have to get it done today. And if that license isn't signed before midnight on the 22nd there will be much bigger issues! lol

Have a great day!!!!

Comments

holly-lynn said…
i love the idea of digital cameras or digital picture frames. i went a cheaper route & got our moms pretty frames from macys & our dads the same gifts as the groosman. our parents were satisfied with the simple gifts! you could always do cuff links for the dads & special bracelets for the moms (maybe with both your birthstones or something?)
I love that picture!

For our Mother's gifts, we gave them boquets of flowers and wrote thank you notes to our parents.
We only have my parents. I got my dad his tux and my mom a cashmere shawl (which I'll be borrowing, haha) and sweater. I think it's important to get them something they would use/appreciate. Frames or picture books are great. How about a little memento chest that will contain small things special to you and them.
Krista said…
gorgeous picture!
JennyLee said…
I tagged you on my blog today!
we're loving that picture
Christine said…
Love the photo ideas.

And the pic is great!
Jen said…
Love that picture!
We're thinking of photo albums that say "My Daughter's Wedding" with promises to be filled with pictures when we get them & GC's to nice restaurants that we can go to with them after we return from honeymoon.
Kiana said…
Getting the license for us was a boring, just waiting in line for 1.5 hrs type process, but once we had the paper in hand, it was super exciting. It felt very official, like, 'ok, wow, this is really happening and we're legally going through with it!' lol - hope everything went smoothly :)
I am just now catching up on all of my blogs. Your wedding day will be here for you know it!!! I am so excited for the two of you! I can't wait to see pictures!!
We are making our parents small albums of the wedding as the gifts!We also bought the Mothers clutches that matched their dresses...and the Fathers..Ties to wear the day of the wedding! They all looked great!
My Dream Ring said…
Hey girly! Love that pic! I am not sure what our gifts are going to be yet.

Popular Posts