- Pick up engagement ring from Hofmeister Jewelers (and have a glass of wine or two while there...hehe).
- Purchase last remaining items for best friend, P's, bachelorette party.
- Receive truckload of paver bricks, retaining wall bricks, and retaining wall caps from Menards (is it sad that "Save big money at Menards" song is running through my head?!?).
- Attempt to swing by downtown for beer with neighbor to celebrate her doctoral thesis being over with.
- Clean off patio
- Begin "Spring 2009 - Operation Patio"......will elaborate more below.
- Get to P's first bachelorette party stop by 5:45pm which will equate to a long night of drinking!
- Pray that the weathermen are wrong and that it doesn't rain on Sunday so we can continue to work on "Spring 2009 - Operation Patio".
- Recover from the aforementioned bachelorette party!
1.) create a paver patio where the concrete slab is
2.) create flower bed around entire deck with retaining wall bricks and brick caps so that I can plant bushes (Gardenia bushes, Knockout Rose bushes, and Angel Azalea bushes....lots of blooming bushes that will look so pretty).
3.) build sitting wall around part of the paver patio, build section for grill to sit in, and build a fire pit in the corner
We are hoping to get all of Phase 1 done and get started on Phase 2 but that will all depend on the weather. Phase 3 wasn't part of the original plan but my future hubby dreams big when it comes to home DIY projects (he gets it from his dad but at least future hubby is very handy and a pro at these paver patios). Needless to say, an easy project has now turned into a much more complex/costly project. Does your hubby/future hubby do this?!? Phase 3 may have to be delayed since it will be the most costly/time consuming part of the project but when it is done I will never want to leave our patio. I will definitely be sure to take lots of pictures!!! Do you have any big home DIY projects that you and the Mr. want to accomplish this summer/spring?!?
Have a great weekend!!!! And of course, an amazing picture!
This picture from Debie's wedding (a friend of mine) is absolutely STUNNING!!! The veil in the wind, the night shot......my heart skips a beat! Note to self, add to list of desired pictures to give to Angela. This is a must do!!