Rooney Update

Thanks for all the comments that you left yesterday!  Rooney is scheduled to have entropion surgery next Thursday on both of his eyes.  I wasn't surprised with the prognosis but I still feel bad for the little guy.  I know that when it is all said and done he will feel so much better but the time period right after the surgery is going to be tough on him.  The ophthalmologist told us that it would be a 13 day recovery and during that time period he would have to wear an e-collar.  I know the "cone of shame" is going to go over REALLY well with him.

Luckily, the cost of the surgery isn't awful.  It is higher than I had hoped for but I don't think I was being realistic or reasonable in my hopes.  Needless to say, our wonderful escrow refund check that we just received will now be going towards his surgery.  

Oh, and my big bad bulldog was the biggest baby yesterday!!!! Rooney and I went to the consultation while Hubs stayed at home with Buerly.  The minute we walked into the lobby of the animal hospital Rooney started crying his eyes out and shaking like a leaf! Poor guy was terrified!  So, now we know - Rooney is Mr. Billy Badass when his brother is around but when Buerly isn't with him he is a scaredy cat! lol

Have a wonderful day!
post signature

Comments

Candicelyn said…
Minne loves the vet but on our last trip she did the same thing. She got all shakey and scared. It's so interesting to me that dogs really do know what's going on. Amazing. Best of luck with everything.
d.a.r. said…
Aww poor little guy!! My girl friend had to have that same eye surgery performed on her shih tzu. The recovery seemed pretty quick and painless, I hope it's easy for all of you!
Jessica said…
Poor thing!! Hope he gets better soon. :(
mommy mye said…
awwww, poor LiL guy...I hope they fix him and he feels better SOON :o)
Poor pooch!!! I hope he gets well soon!
My Dream Ring said…
Poor little Rooney...gosh I hope he recovers soon, bless his little puppy heart.
Hilary said…
I don't know if you still have time to order one or not, but I know there are a few online retailers who sell foam & cloth e-collars, instead of that awful plastic one. I know you can find them on Amazon. I wanted to get one when our pup was spayed, but didn't have enough time. But they're like a stiff pillow instead of that horrible plastic, so they can at least lay down & be comfortable. Good luck to him!!! (and you guys :-)

Popular Posts